Tuesday, April 17, 2018

For reals though it is my happy place...

The last time I went to Disneyland we were celebrating Ella's fifth birthday. So that was over 11 years ago.  Up until that point I think we had gone every year.  So Nicholas, Benjamin and even Ella had been quite a few times.  
Then we just stopped.  
I think mostly it was a financial thing.  Disneyland is ridiculously expensive.  Like how does everyone go expensive.  It actually is a complete mystery to me.  How are there more than 50 people there at any given time?  How? Now children in my kids schools seriously go there on the weekly but we do live in a unique area.  But how is everyone else going?  I don't know and I still don't but we are not those people.
Now fast forward like 5 years from that last trip and I got the itch. And not a little itch like you give it a scratch and it goes away. It was more like a chicken pox sort of itch which means no amount of itching was ever going to stop it.  
 Now cue the dreams.  Yep dreams. 
About once a month or maybe more I would dream I was at Disneyland with my kids.  The dreams were all different of course but with a few common themes.  Similarities included... we would be running around the park  (in slow motion of course) lost and I was trying to show them my favorite rides.  We would hit dead ends and I could never get to them.  I was so frustrated tossing and turning all night long because we could never find "Pirates of the Caribbean." I mean seriously brain at least let me take the kids on the rides in my dreams.  Another theme was Disneyland would always close early. I hated that dream.  We would finally get there and it would be closed or it was going to close in an hour. 
So unbelievably irritating. I would wake up and try and go back to sleep but I couldn't.  Just ridiculous.

Clearly I am a product of the 1983 National Lampoon Vacation era because in my dreams we were eerily like the Griswolds and Disneyland was way too much like Walley World. We too were running in slow motion to "Chariots of fire" theme.  Ok the part about the music is not true but we did run in slow motion so there is that....

Just in case you need a visual. 😀 Sorry in advance about the language at the end



Ok so because I'm me... and no story that I tell or write is short I will try and get to the point right now. 
 I wanted to go Disneyland super bad.

Fast forward 5 years of endless talking and dreaming and I said to Tom, "I think we should take the kids to Disneyland."

So long story longer we went to freaking Disneyland.

Now you be might asking yourself.
"After all of the hype and the dreams and the talking and the visual of finally running up to the gate with the Disney music on and going on the magical rides and seeing all the things and feeling all the feels did it live up to your impossible expectation?"

Why yes.  Yes it did.

Highlights included but not in any particular order....

#1 Holding my 11 year old boys hand.
 This was by far my favorite thing and I have cried over it no less than 10 times.
He held my hand.
For 2 days he would just reach over and grab my hand.  This heart couldn't take the pure joy knowing that if we ever got back this would never happen again.  My youngest child, my boy, please never grow up. ...please. You are my never ending gift Charles Call.

#2 Nicholas and Natali being able to come.
This was Natali's first semester of nursing school at BYU (Which is practically impossible to get into and an impossible work load once you are in.)  I am so proud and love her so much. It would not have been the same without them.

#3 Tom playing the game of how to beat the crowds.  He got this app that would tell us what rides to go on while getting fast passes for our other rides.  Tom loves this sort of game especially since Disneyland is not his favorite.

#4 Going on the cars ride like 5 times in a row in the singles lane.  I cannot even explain... just so funny.

#5 Running through both parks like a murderer was chasing us with a knife.  That worker in Cars-land telling us we couldn't run and we all on cue started an Olympic speed walk pace until he was out of site and then we all bolted right back to our run. I almost wet my pants. OK that goes without saying.  But honestly everything was just so funny.

#6 Almost losing my Disney ears two thousand and forty one times and that was only the first day. In my defense those are hard not to loose and plus when you go on fast rides they blow off. Interesting side note Ella and Natali did not have the same problem. Making sure I still had my ears was a full time job for Natali. Funny enough I did finally loose them.  Indiana Jones...day 2...last ride of the trip.  Yep they blew right off.

#7 Completely and utterly wearing Charlie out.  I have never seen him so tired.  It was like 11:00 day 1 and he could not even stand up and we were determined not to leave the park until closing at midnight.  He would literally sit on the cement waiting for our rides.  He practically was asleep at one point standing up.  Sad but like everything else that happened...funny.

#8 The night time feeling in New Orleans Square.

#9 The Tiki room but only because Tom was so stinking funny about it.
Oh  and of course Dole whip.  We decided it is our favorite food.

#10 Also Tom on rides.
We would all be yelling with our mouths wide open or laughing so hard and Tom would be  emotionless.  Hands in air but absolutely no emotions.  Natali caught it on film and we could not stop laughing.

#11 Sharing my favorite rides...
Indiana Jones,
Pirates of the Caribbean (those fireflies though),
the Haunted mansion,
Peter Pan ride,
Guardians of the Galaxy,
It's a Small World
 the Cars ride
 for the first time with my family.

I can't even...



























No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map