Thursday, January 25, 2018

Let's talk motherhood...

Ok So it's been awhile and I have a million stories to share to my online journal but as I sat down this one is the one I want to start with for absolute no apparent reason. 

Motherhood is so stinkin' funny.  
Sometimes "haha" funny and sometimes this is "the absolute worst" kind of funny and a million other kinds of funny because let's just say there is nothing like raising baby humans to adult humans. This particular motherhood funny is about how much I have changed in my tooth fairy role. Oh my gosh I laugh every time I think about it.  So when I had Nicholas (my first) I could hardly wait until he had a loose tooth.  That was such a huge milestone and it simply would not come fast enough. I'm sure we ripped that thing out instead of waiting patiently for the little thing to just fall out on his own time. The glee in my heart when I could finally slip in my sleeping angel's room that very night, and secretly lift his pillow, and silently place that little change for him to find in the morning....
The magic, the joy and utter happiness.
That sneaky tooth fairy. 

Fast forward to poor Charles. (My fourth)
True story.
I just gave him $15.00 2 nights ago for 3 teeth that had been under his pillow in 3 separate sandwich sized zip lock bags for a minimum of 5 months.
There is so many funnies to dissect here where to freaking begin.
Are you kidding me that my son was waiting for the tooth fairy to come for almost half a year?  I am going to die laughing right here right now.  But there are tears running down my face so I think it is the crazy laughter that is tainted with embarrassment, humiliation, and regret and hopefulness that this does not ruin my poor boy in some way that I am not aware of at this time.
And how about that amount?
By the way according to my sources which is my 16 year old daughter that amount of money is a little low for the going rate of the tooth fairy.
Again, are you messing with me?
$15.00 is a boat load of money to hand to someone because the inevitable happened. He grew teeth and bigger tooth pushed out his little tooth. It happens... end of story.
$15.00? 
 I thought I was giving him the most money that any child had ever been given in the history of tooth fairyism because if someone has to wait that long I figured there was a premium, possibly some interest on those quarters and a hard price to pay.
And come to find out I didn't even hit the going rate....
It all is just too funny!!!!

Who are these other parents and why are they trying to make me look so bad and why are they giving their children so much money and on the first night their children lost their teeth no doubt? haha

Well I have to go do crap that I always do like laundry and dishes so this is the end of my funny story.
But I am going to walk away from this computer still giggling....
Oh my how I have changed and unfortunately not always for the better.  But one thing I have learned in this journey is that if your children know with every fiber of their being that you love them unconditionally for exactly who they are... everything else you do is just stuff.  And it just washes out in the end.  Even a ding dong tooth fairy that just never shows up.


By the way while I am here I love making videos of our family and this is just a short clip that I made when we went to Carmel over New Years.  We had such a blast and maybe I will start posting them here more.  I save them all and make a video for every year but it's always fun to see clips...so here you go!












No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map