Thursday, November 16, 2017

27 Years....And Still





I celebrated my 27th wedding anniversary on October 15th 2017.
How do you even process loving the same someone for that many years and still hoping that you will get a million more?
Not sure but I still do.

This poem is just exactly:

You ask me today if I love you,
If I take you as my own to have and to hold,
and my heart relies Yes,
Always, evermore, even after,
Still.

Not just today before a crowd
but when we are alone,
you and I,
through years, through pain,
My heart will answer again and again,
still.
Ask me in a million seconds, ask me in
a billion years,
Do you still love me?
And I will say say still.

Ask me when we toil, when we rest,
when we fuss and fight.
With the taste of anger burning my lips,
I will say still.

Our love is a great river,
the Amazon, the Nile, the river
Euphrates,
and my hear is a violent churning in my chest
swimming upstream,
defying every odd, accepting any dare
To reach you.
To rush you,
to hold you,
to keep you.
You ask me if I love you?
God, yes.
My lover, you are the single star
in the universe void before you came.

And when the years have passed
and we have watched a thousand
sunsets,
and we are bent,
our bodies crooked with age
ask me again.
In the twilight
in the shadow of the life we have 
shared,
ask me is I love you.
and my heart will answer
before my lips can part,
My love, my life,
my heart never left your hands.
Always, evermore, even after,
Still.

I didn't write this... it was in a book I read but it is everything I feel sitting here thinking of my love.



We still love any excuse to go play and not that we even need one but 27 years got us eating donuts and heading into the city for brunch at Plow.  We usually go to Napa but with the unfortunate fires we headed west and were rewarded with our new favorite day.
They have the best breakfast in the city and my french toast will be a craving for the rest of my life.
With my new iphone 8 plus in hand I had fun taking tons of pictures.














Nicholas and Natali were flying in that night to go with us to Carmel the next day so we ate dinner in the Whole foods food court on the way to the airport.
It was fitting sitting there eating a salad talking about our life, our family and our love. It doesn't matter what we do as long as I am holding his hand. 
It's true. It fits perfectly.

 So after 27 years and some days later I still get excited to wake up beside you...
every single day.
I love you...
Thomas Call forever and
Still

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map