Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yosemite in the Spring

If you haven't been to Yosemite in the spring then you are seriously missing out and you should add it to your bucket list immediately. It has been an unusually wet spring here in Northern California and so it was sooo green. The waterfalls were in full force everywhere and the entire valley was even covered in snow. Snow means different things to different people and to a mom of 2 wild boys it means constant snowball fights. From the time we got out of the car and they laid their eyes on the snow the throwing never stopped. Well that's not entirely true-- it stopped momentarily if they were sliding on the snow.



This is the last picture my Rebel XT ever took. It had shutter death right here and that is why this picture is even blurry. I was devastated!!! Plus I didn't have another camera to take all the amazing pictures. Everywhere I looked there was another picture opportunity. My video camera takes mediocre pictures at best but I did take a few when I was desperate. (I did get a new camera by the way and now I'm super happy the XT died. I am having a ball with it!)




I think this pretty much sums it up! I have no idea why when I downloaded the video it ended up in slow motion but how fitting!!! :)



I am grateful for kids that make everything hilarious and oh yea for Yosemite!



3 comments:

Dan Doxey said...

So beautiful! I can't believe we haven't been there this year! Maybe this weekend. LOVE the video and the flying shoe and the wet pants.

My boy and I said...

Oh my gosh Hilary..I love your hat. And I can't believe how big everyone is is getting. I miss you guys!

Sarah and Scott said...

What a beautiful time of year. That's crazy your camera just died. How long had you owned it?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map