Friday, May 21, 2021


We have three bathrooms in our home plus one bathroom outside that we call our bathhouse. (There is also a changing room and a potting shed and it's all adorable.  I will blog about about that as well.) We redid our master bathroom several years ago but I don't remember when exactly.  I just know that we did it on a dime and it was basically free. Then we updated the boys bathroom in fall of 2019.  It is stunning and I guess I never blogged about that one...I will do that but I have to wait because Nicholas and Natali have been living with us for over a year and I never go back to that section of the house.  It works perfectly because they just have the two bedrooms back there and the bathroom and its like their own little apartment.  Nicholas has been working from home since the beginning of the pandemic. Anyhoopy back to the original post....it's just so hard to stay on track sometimes.. 

So Ella's bathroom which she has always shared with Charlie needed to be updated.  Oh and by the way Ella is back from BYUI.  She was in Rexburg for one semester and now she is doing school online. Once again pandemic reasons.  So before she had even left for college I started to dream.  So maybe like 6 months ago. This is what I knew I wanted...Wallpaper, stand alone furniture including an armoire (that I bought in San Francisco like three years ago and tried to incorporate in the boys bathroom but it was too big) and subway tile in the shower. Lots to go over here but here is the mood board.  We got the lighting, waterworks towel bar and toile paper holder in Belvedere (stunning house with stunning views) the vanity in San Francisco (the most stunning apartment, what were they thinking?) and the wallpaper Tom actually found in anthroplogie but we got it less online. The mirror is from Home depot. So this is the vision and Tom got to work around March.  

 The Bathroom before...





I cannot believe I didn't get a pic of the shower but I can't find it so that's that... but it was hideous fake yellow marble crap.  Also I still love the floors and that was part of the band-aid that we did like 10+ years ago. In that phase we painted cabinets and tom built that frame around the build grade mirror which was chunky and stunning I thought at the time. We also took out the medicine cabinet and painted the frame and tried to make it cute.  Still like it but done with the colored frame but for sure I can work with it.  Still love the wainscoting as well which was obviously done on phase 1 too.  


The during...




I am terrible at documenting the during.  But basically Tom had to 
-patch the floor tile because we were having free standing furniture not a full vanity.  
-Fix allllll the bead board from taking out the vanity and the mirror.  Sooooo much patching, 
-take out the tub marble crap. and then put of the drywall and tile it all which felt like it would never ever ever end. Also I wanted a showere curtain and not the ugly shower doors so out they went too.
-And of course take down the old lights and rewire for the new sconces.
-annnnd wallpaper which we didn't order enough and we had to get more from a different dye lot which was upsetting but ended up being the same color after ll yhst woory.
-I painted the armoire farrow and ball navy,,,can't remember the color. 
-And i'm sure I'm forgetting a million steps. haha and then like 6 weeks later we had the cutest bathroom.


The After,,,
















I know I can't even.....It is just the cutest.  Every detail is exactly how I pictured it.  I am in love.  

Here are some pics of Ella's bedroom because seriously.






 


Oh my goodness I love Pear Cottage....


 

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map