Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Another End...

Aaand that's a wrap....

Once you are a mom your seasons aren't really winter,spring, summer, and fall.
They are simply the school year and summer. 
Those have been my seasons for somewhere around 17 years.
There are no words in the dictionary to explain the elation, joy, and overall fantastic relief when I ride my bike home on the last day of school.

I am yelling yipppee at the top of my lungs.
Buh Bye Rancho Romero Elementary school, Stone Valley Middle and San Ramon High.
Buh bye homework and ding dong projects, early mornings and teacher conferences.
I will not miss you one bit.
Helloooo sleeping in, no schedules, long bike rides, constant swimming and picnics.

So much better....

But there are a few highlights that are worth documenting at the elementary school level because school stops being fun after that.;)


#1
The Rancho Romero Spring Sing
Because 2nd graders singing are funny


See the little girl picking her nose? That's funny


#2
Rancho Romero Back to School night
Because going to the science room 17 years in a row isn't enough.

Also take a look at Charlie's Polar Bear habitat that Tom made with him.  Yes, I don't do any of the kids school arts projects... that is not in my job description.  I stink at them and Tom is amazing. I mean c'mon look at the blood from the polar bear eating the seal.  
Charlie was thrilled.




#3
Rancho Romero's End of the School Carnival
Because it is the end of the school year and it is a carnival.

This is the highlight of Charlie's young life.
We were leaving the carnival and we were about 15 yards away and Charlie looks at me with his expressive eyes and says, "I can't wait for next years carnival."
Now that's right up there with Christmas excitement.






He is just soooo pleased with the prizes he turned in for his tickets.

This is the only thing that I will miss...riding my bike to school with my favorite pal.
We look for cats.  That is Charlie's favorite animal.
Charlie tells me stories. 
One time this year Charlie cut in front of me and I wiped out.  It's like being a kid all over again.

I know I don't have this to look forward much longer because Charlie graduated from me picking him up after school.  Why do they have to grow up?





No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map