Thursday, March 17, 2011

Finished Living room

Here is the final reveal of the living room. I absolutely l.o.v.e. love the way it turned out. The paint color I ended up with is just slightly grayer (no underlying blue tones) then the molding. I have learned that gray has a mind of its own and you have to be very careful. We obviously learned the hard way. It is all very light and airy just the way I had envisioned it from the very beginning. OK so it took painting the room 5 times what else are we going to do? :)

My honey and I also rearranged my artwork, painted the shutters, painted my end table and refinished the coffee table. I have decided that I do not like refinishing. Holy cow that was time consuming. End result...amazing. But I seriously wondered if it was worth it while I was stripping 6 layers of varnish. The coffee table had great lines but had turned orange over the years. I wanted that English antique color. We put this great wax that we had to travel all over dodge trying to find. In the end between the sweat and tears it was all worth it.






We spend every night in here gathered around the fire...it is so stinkin cozy. I am grateful that my honey loves to paint and redo as much as I do because well... it might not have ever happened.

1 comment:

My boy and I said...

Oh my gosh Hilary. That room is stunning, seriously! You are so amazing at decorating. I have been staring at all the pictures for quite sometime. When I get my own house I definitely want your decorating tips!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map