Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oh those Summer Days...

Summer is magical. It is magical for me because I think back on my own summers as a child. I think back to waking up and not having a care in the world. Maybe a few chores to do and then the day was mine all mine. Now I watch my own kids with the same excitement as they wake up and realize that they too have nothing but a perfect day to explore. It might start out with a risk game or eating berries on the back patio. But that is just it, it starts out a little different each day. No schedules and no where to be. I guess I just get a little nostalgic when I think back to those heavenly days. I remember falling asleep to the crickets in my own wonderful childhood home. I felt such contentment and peace. I guess I just want my own children to have that same peace as they are falling into that dreamy slumber. That feeling of being a little sun kissed and climbing into those cool sheets and just being so exhausted from nothing but hard play. The world seemed just right. I want my own children to feel that their own summers were pure magic.

This is to get you caught up on those lazy, dazy days. What says summer magic more than a true magic show.
And eating lots of watermelon...And lots of swimming...like in and out of the pool 100 times a day.

And of course playing with friends....

And eating suckers, popsicles and ice cream....

Playing with balloons...

And climbing trees...

Stubbing toes and getting owies

And of course a little of this.
I didn't have pictures of the never ending family badminton tournament, hand ball, risk games and oh yea Nicholas. Nicholas shows up occasionally to swim, to eat and sleep. I miss him and can't believe that he is almost 17. So all you with your littles cherish it, for they too will turn 16 and summer with them will be days gone by. So I am grateful that I still have 3 children to spend my summer days with. I will cherish this forever for they too will turn 16 and leave me. Well its time to go and sit in my denim chair and watch the kids swim in the pool. Ahhh pure magic!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map