Wednesday, August 26, 2015

My Baby...


My baby is 9
Yep, almost a decade old.
I. cannot. believe it.
And in other ways I soooo can believe it.
As I have mentioned numerous times I have been mothering young children for over 2 decades and I have another decade left. 
That is a long time! 
It is at times very overwhelming, but it doesn't change the fact that when I think it has been 9 years since I held that perfect precious bundle in my arms it just doesn't seem possible.

He is still so precious.

It is so different being a mother of your last baby then your first.
I have changed so much.

If he doesn't want what we are eating for dinner then that is just fine.  I make him something else.
If he wants to eat before dinner then totally fine too.
Whatever he wants to wear is great.
I unfortunately forget to keep track of the amount of screen time he gets as well.
If we are all staying up late then I forget to put him to bed.  Imagine me forgetting to put a child to bed.  Unless you know me you don't understand the magnitude of this statement.
Everything is a hand me down right down to his Halloween costumes and figured out 5 minutes before school starts.
He doesn't do all the sports my big boys did.  I actually feel really guilty about this one
My older kids were still watching "Dragon Tales" at his age while I really have no clue what he is watching.  It's just whatever is on the t.v. the older kids are watching.
All the little things throughout the day that used to be a big deal to me just aren't anymore.
The list of things I used to care about and now I don't is a mile long.

Some good and some bad...

The things I still care about is short but have been whittled down and are the most important to me.
I care that he goes to church and learns to love Jesus. I care that he knows his Heavenly Father loves him.
He is a cherished spirit and I don't know how I got so lucky to raise him and be his mother.I thank my lucky stars every single day that he was entrusted to me and I would die protecting him.
I care that he knows that he is a gift to anybody that has the pleasure of knowing him.
I care that he is kind and that he is a friend and he remembers the golden rule.
I care that he is respectful of his peers and adults.
I care that he knows how important family is and that at the end of the day...family is everything.
I care that he loves life.
Not in it's easiness but in it's challenges.
I want him to be able to pick himself up despite it's hard knocks and try again.
I care that he laughs and is able to see the funny in situations because then it is easier to pick yourself up after the hard knocks.
I care that he loves and has compassion for himself and others.
I want him to be a kind human that contributes and works hard on this planet.  That life isn't fair and you need to be the boss of yourself and make things happen. In the end it is his life and he has to own up to the decisions he has made.

Hopefully by the time the little fellow is 18 and leaving the house I will have taught him this stuff.
Right now it will be between us reading " Harry Potter"
his video gaming,
playing with his sister,
telling me about cats and incredibly gross organisms that live on the earth,
playing legos
reading his books
eating cheese quesadillas and vanilla ice cream
and snuggles.

How am I so lucky?
I love nine year old boys...

I love you Charles Eran...Happy Birthday!!










The birthday party consisted of this group and Six Flags Marine World.  Charlie's favorite place
 and eating at In and Out his favorite restaurant.
We had a total blast introducing Jed to Goliath...his first huge roller coaster.



















1 comment:

My boy and I said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you don't put Charlie to bed at 7:00 pm on the dot! I have such hilarious memories of you (especially at the cabin) of when bed time was approaching :) I must admit my mom has said that I remind her a lot of you in regards to bed time. I am a freak from the hours of 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm. If the kids aren't in bed at 7:00 I freak. If my mom even calls at 7:01 it's too late for her to talk to them ha! Mom's gotta do what they gotta do I guess! But seriously I remember holding sweet Charlie when he was just months old at the beach. He is indeed precious! Love you guys so much!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map